This is a list of the animal and plant species that were renamed in 1954 due to the intruduction of the 45th democratic reform in Darmania. The 45th reform dictated that "human, animal or insect, a monarch is a monarch and should be treated as one. And that means they should be killed." Hence, all species with a name that suggested an association to monarchy, such as those containing the words queen, king, monarch, emperor et cetera, were renamed by the Darmanian government.
- Monarch butterfly (Danaus plexippus) renamed to Black and yellow butterfly with some white dots
- Queen bee (an adult, mated female that lives in a honey bee (apis) colony or hive or, sometimes, any dominant reproductive female in a colony of a eusocial bee species (meliponini) renamed to Vice-president bee (see: Tomislawa Vodenicharov)
- Similarly, the queen ants common in some ant species (formicidae) were renamed Democratically elected ants
- Kingfisher (Alcedinidae) renamed Minister of Foreign Affairs Fisher (not to be confused with the actual Darmanian Minister of Foreign Affairs)
- Emperor penguin (Aptenodytes forsteri) renamed to No better than anyone else-penguin due to Eryk Vodenicharov's lifelong phobia of flightless birds